The member guest driving fee is now $150. Guests will be limited to four driving visits per calendar year at the member guest rate. All guests must sign in at the office, present identification, and complete a brief guest policy form. Additionally, driving guests must be accompanied by a member on their visit to receive the guest rate. Please refer any questions regarding this policy to Kurt at 832-472-3510.
If you would like to complete the guest policy form ahead of your visit, click here to download.
All trailers that are unhooked from transport vehicle or left overnight in trailer parking are required to register at the main office and have a MSR Houston
Please provide the following information:
Open or Enclosed
Monthly Storage (Off of Skid Pad) – $100/month or partial month
Non-Permitted Trailers – $50/night
*This excludes normal trailer parking for events.
- When you arrive at MSR Houston proceed to the track office and check in. If for some reason we are not available, you may proceed to your garage or the paddock area. Under no circumstance are you or your guest allowed on the track or in the pits until the proper insurance and guest forms are signed. No exceptions!!
- All members and guests must sign in at the front office upon arrival. It is important to be aware of the track direction, current conditions and session information for that day. This is for your safety and is a requirement.
- No one is to enter the track without permission of MSR personnel. If necessary on high use days, we will group vehicles by type and driving experience. We will make every effort to put you in a group with which you are comfortable. Please check for session groupings when you check in at the office. They will be posted at the waiver desk. Remember that all groupings are subject to change. Make sure you know the direction of traffic for the day.
- No one has access to the track when the track is closed.
- Individual guests are allowed 4 visits per year. The host member must be present for guests to have access to facility.
- All garage space is rented to MSR Houston members only. We have limited garage space and our occupancy rate is consistently at or near 100%. To check availability or get on the garage waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please remember Paddock Speed is 10 mph, this is a family experience for many of our members.
- Members will be charged a flat rate of $100 for Test and Tune days they participate in. This is because we have special services on those days such as Ambulances, Wreckers, and Corner workers.
- Only members may leave trailer at MSR Houston and trailers may only be left at MSR Houston with permission from MSR Houston management.
- All novice drivers must go through an MSR orientation class. Once you are out on the track, take the first couple of laps SLOWLY to warm up the tires and vehicle systems. This will also allow you to remember where the track goes and settle yourself.
- THIS IS NOT A RACE! Take time to find braking points, entry points, apex points and exit points for each and every turn. Also pay close attention to the amount of grip the surface of the track is affording on the day. If you are having difficulty on track, ask for evaluation and/or assistance.
- Be safe and have Fun.
- In the event that a driver loses control and is in jeopardy of leaving the track surface, drive straight off the track, slowing until regaining control, then drive cautiously back on to the track. If visibility is impaired, wait until conditions improve.
- Two wheels off: slow until you gain control, and then cautiously return to the track surface. Forcing the vehicle back on to the track at speed could result in loss of control and possibly spinning into oncoming traffic.
- Four wheels off: same as above, except that the driver is required to return to the hot pits for a vehicle inspection. Upon completion of inspection and subsequent repairs for damage, you may return to the track.
- Loss of control causing a spin on the track surface: regain control of the vehicle and continue, being aware of other vehicles on the track.
- If your vehicle becomes disabled, pull off to the closest point away from the track and REMAIN INSIDE YOUR VEHICLE. The only reason you should get out or off your vehicle is if it is on FIRE!
- Two off-course excursions and/or spins on the track, in any session, will be cause for you being black flagged. Return to the hot pit and speak to the grid marshal. Three spins means the end of your session.
- Members in good standing may drive on the track.
- Member’s guests that desire to drive on the course must meet the same requirements as the member. Members are responsible for any fees incurred by their guests. Member must be present in order for his or her guest to be able to drive. Guest must complete a guest driver registration from each time they come out. This form requires the member’s signature each time as well. Each guest is limited to six track days per calendar year.
- Access to the track is granted by the grid marshal. The grid marshal also reserves the right to prohibit access to the track if the marshal deems that a driver’s experience level, vehicle worthiness, or attitude is a safety risk.
- Drivers are required to have Snell approved helmet: SA90 or later for cars, M90 or later for motorcycles, as well as SFI rated fire suit or leathers for the motorcyclist.
- We recommend that a current medical profile be on file for each driver with MSR. Any member with special medical needs must advise the track of those needs.
- Each driver is responsible for learning the names and locations of all corners on the track, as this will be a means for giving instructions to the driver.
- All vehicles must be maintained at a high level due to the stresses which they are subjected to. Please be familiar with our vehicle’s required pressures and fluid levels so that it may maximize your enjoyment of the vehicle’s high performance profile. MSR reserves the right to require additional inspections as deemed necessary for the enjoyment and safety of others.
- A tow hook is highly recommended on the front or rear of the vehicle. If the vehicle is not equipped with it, the driver will be responsible for any damages while being towed from the race track.
- All open cars, including convertibles, must have a roll bar, except for touring laps.
- A multi-point safety harness is strongly recommended in all vehicles.
- A fire extinguisher, securely mounted, is also recommended in all vehicles.
On Track Communication
Standard racing flags will be displayed at the start/finish line.
- Green flag – Track is clear
- Yellow flag – Caution, no passing allowed prior to incident
- Red flag – Danger, proceed to the pits on your next lap using extreme caution when continuing around the track.
- Black flag – If pointed at YOU, you are the only offender, make your way to pit road at a reduced speed.
- Checkered flag – Session is over, make your one cool down lap and pit in.
- Passing is only allowed on the three main straights. Unless otherwise instructed.
- All passes must be completed prior to turn in at the next corner.
- Drivers being overtaken are to remain on their normal line. It is the overtaking driver’s responsibility to make a safe, clean pass.
- If a driver notices a vehicle in their mirror for several turns, please allow that driver to pass at the next available passing straight. Blocking will be cause for a visit to the grid marshal.
- If you notice a driver is not paying attention to their mirrors, make your way to the grid marshal and warn them about the negligent driver.